So, now that I’ve time on my hands that I’m willing to kill, I suppose I should write a bit about my fancy shmancy new Nokia N810 (NOT A PHONE).
First of all, I’m writing this with maemo-wordpy, which seems pretty decent so far. WordPress is slooow with the browser on here, so this seems like a fine replacement, if it works (seems to be).
I’ll cut the usual review crap and give you the pros and cons; yay!
- Battery life, by far. I’ve been using this since 8 this morning (it’s 5 PM now), and I have yet to charge it. According to the charge-o-meter, I have ~2 hours left. On a full charge it’ll say 6 or 7. Awesome!
- The keyboard! It’s a little hard to get used to, but I am quite thankful for it. I don’t know my exact typing speed, but it’s fast enough for me. The “non-standard-for-Americans” symbols (€, £, ¥, etc) are a nice touch.
- Temperature. Trust me, if you have caught your laptop running at 206°F, you will be thankful for how cool this thing runs.
- Speed: OS2008 is nice and fast. Responsive enough for me not to lose interest!
- It connects to my network! For those who don’t know, my dad has an “office” building separate from our house yet, on the same property. The router is in that building, so wifi is pretty weak here.
- Linux! ‘Nuff said.
Hmm, there really are a lot of pros to list here. So I’ll just list some of the few not-so-good things:
- Nokia lies! I received no free memory card. Surely it’s not common, or I read the description wrong, but I’ve looked everywhere! It’s nonexistent.
- The damn camera. Don’t run the camera app while you have a lot of other apps open – the OS will crash.
- Getting used to the keyboard. It takes a bit for your hands to adjust, and the keys are pretty small. Fortunately, my teensy hands don’t mind that.
- Not really that big of a deal, but worth listing: the fact that it doesn’t support normal-sized SD cards.
Pros-and-cons crap aside, I think this device is well worth buying.
Edited a bit with the WordPress editor, had some formatting issues.
- Phoenix on Google Street View
by tnt marbella|tnt en marbella|tnt de marbella|tnt de marbella|la tnt en marbella
tnt marbella|tnt en marbella|tnt de marbella|tnt de marbella|la tnt en marbella...[...]
- Purple Hair
by brown carrier bags
brown carrier bags...
Purple Hair at #define BLOG "Nerdiphied Blog"...
- Back Home
by please click the next web page
please click the next web page...
Back Home at #define BLOG "Nerdiphied [...]
by vakantiehuisjes in frankrijk
vakantiehuisjes in frankrijk...
Axcessmypics at #define BLOG "Nerdiphied[...]
Axcessmypics at #define BLOG "N[...]
by vakantiehuizen frankrijk
Axcessmypics at #define BLOG "Nerdiphied Blo[...]
- Please allow me to turn my intense excitement into a blog post
- (Shitty) Photos of Vegas
by new facebook
(Shitty) Photos of Vegas at #define BLOG "Nerdiphied Blo[...]
Axcessmypics at #define BLOG "Nerdiphied Blog"...
- An idea for Shitbox
by quality seo services
quality seo services...
An idea for Shitbox at #define BLOG "Nerdiphied [...]